COVID-19 had halted all international and domestic flights across the world for a few months, but it seems now that things are getting back to “normal.”
As we return to the new normal, it’s important to keep taking precautions against the virus because the virus isn’t going anywhere. It’s been here for almost a year now and it’s time we start adapting to this lifestyle. With a few safety precautions, you can make sure that you stay safe and healthy!
Tips to Consider While Booking Your Flight:
- Choose an airline that enforces social distancing protocols. You’ll find COVI-19 policies and reforms on the websites of most airlines. Read them carefully.
- Ask your airline customer representative about the hygiene protocols in place for COVID-19 prevention. Only travel if you feel like the hygiene protocols are adequate.
- Prefer an airline that requires a negative COVID-19 PCR test before they allow you to travel. This ensures that none of the passengers on flight are COVID positive so that you can travel safely. A lot of airlines only check the body temperature of passengers before they get on board, which isn’t enough because it doesn’t detect asymptomatic cases.
- Book a window seat because you’ll be least exposed to others on that seat. Many studies have proven this.
Airhostess Wearing A Mask, Image Source: NPR.Org
Tips to Consider at the Airport
- Choose QR payments over debit card or cash payments. This reduces the exchange of items between you and cashiers.
- Try not to move around much at the airport. Stick to your seat and keep sanitizing your hands, especially after you touch any public surface.
- Keep disposable wipes with you and use them to open doors and press buttons. Gloves aren’t necessary and don’t provide much protection.
- Wear a mask at all times and make sure you wear it properly. Don’t touch the mask.
- Don’t touch your face! The best way to prevent infection transmission is to keep your hands away from your face. The main portals of virus entry are your eyes, nose and mouth. Thus, by not touching your face, you significantly reduce the risk of virus transmission.
Social Distance Sign at Airport, Image Source: BusinessInsider.com
Tips to Consider on the Flight
- Don’t move around the flight. Stay in your seat!
- Don’t use common items like earphones that the crew provides, pamphlets, and other items that you feel might also be used by other people.
- Don’t opt for a meal on your flight.
- Make sure you ensure you’re at 6 feet away from others at all times, especially while boarding and leaving the plane.
- If someone near you is visibly sick, ask the crew to change your seat.
Fly Emirates Cabin Crew Social Distance, Image Source: BusinessTraveller.Com
These are a few safety tips that should keep the virus at bay. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get back to traveling after the long COVID-19 break! If you’re looking for a stress-free vacation with family or friends, here’s why you should visit East Africa in September.