Fumba is a beautiful village with an idyllic beauty on the island of Unguja, Zanzibar. It is located at the end of the Fumba Peninsula with Menai Bay Conservation close-by.
Book a cheap flight with Tripindigo and visit Fumba today.
Fumba Beach Lodge
Fumba Beach Lodge is 30 minutes away from the capital city of Stone Town, situated at the Menai Bay Conservation Area. The beaches around the lodge consist of coral rag and mix sand backed by tropical forest and mangroves.
Fumba Uptown Living Villas
Featuring about 500 luxurious villas situated along the oceanic view, Fumba Uptown living offers a quiet and private atmosphere for an unforgettable holiday on the Zanzibar Archipelago.
The Stone Town
Located just 30 minutes from Fumba, you can explore Zanzibar’s capital, Stone Town is steeped in history and culture, featuring majestic alleyways, stunning architecture and a variety of historic attractions.
Jozani Chwaka Bay National Park
It’s the only national park in Zanzibar and it’s located about 17km from Fumba. The park features a wide range of wildlife species, but it’s well-known for the rare red Colobus Monkeys as well as the Sykes monkeys. You will find a variety of butterflies and bird species in the park.
Zanzibar Butterfly Centre
Zanzibar Butterfly Centre is located about 14km from Fumba and several minutes from Jozani Chawka Bay National Park. Here, you will find a lush tropical garden with hundreds of butterflies that are native only to Zanzibar.
How to get here:
- Fly: The main airport in Zanzibar is located several kilometres away from Fumba. You can hire transportation from the airport or Stone Town to Fumba. If you are travelling from Dar es Salaam, you can fly directly from Dar es Salaam International Airport to Zanzibar Airport.
- Drive: From Arusha, you can travel to Dar es Salaam by bus and transfer to Unguja.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Fumba is between June – October, and December – February.
- High Season: June – October
- Low Season: March-May
- Best weather: September – October
- Worst weather: mid-March to late May, November
- Throughout the year: Tourist visits Fumba depending on what they want all around the year. Fumba Beach Lodge is one of the attractive sights for tourists looking for where to unwind.
- Season Dependant: Diving opportunity is ideal between July – August, and February – March. Migrating of Humpback Whales happen during the month of July while August is when it is easy to sight these creatures.
- Scuba diving
For more fun in Zanzibar, we suggest you search and compare tours we have available on the Island.