Situated on the southeast coast of Zanzibar, Jambiani is a quiet small village with a laid-back vibe, it’s relatively unspoilt with beautiful and secluded beaches, as well as exciting activities. It’s a great place for a perfect relaxing break on the island.
Book cheap flights with Tripindigo and visit Jambiani today!
The beach at Jambiani is about 7km long, featuring powdery white sand, crystal-clear turquoise water, and swaying palms. Its expansive inlet of shallow water is perfect for a wide range of activities such as snorkelling, diving, and surfing. Jambiani Beach is also a perfect place to indulge in windsurfing or kitesurfing due to its stable seashore winds.
Located in Dongwe, just 15minutes drive from Jambiani, Blue Lagoon is one of the best snorkelling spots on the island, featuring beautiful corals and fish species. The depth range is between one to four metres and the underwater world is visible enough to explore.
The Rock Restaurant
Visit the Rock, a renowned restaurant situated on a rock, right in the middle of the Indian Ocean, for delicious food prepared with local ingredients. It offers stunning views of the ocean and its surrounding areas.
Located just 15 minutes by car from Jamibiani, Jozani Forest is a great place for nature lovers. The forest is home to the extremely rare Red Colobus Monkey and other monkey species, as well as a variety of bird species. You can take a day trip to the forest to explore its natural environment.
How to get here:
- Fly: Take a flight to either Karume International (ZNZ) and Julius Nyerere (DAR) airports in Tanzania.
- Drive: You can take the taxis or dala-dalas from Stone Town to Jambiani, it’s about 1.5 hours drive.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit Jambiani all through the year, but the best time to visit and enjoy your holiday on the island is between June and October.
- High Season: June to October
- Low Season: March-May
- Best weather: September – October
- Worst weather: mid-March to late May, November
- Throughout the year: The season doesn’t affect swimming, the calm beaches in the village of Jambiani are ideal for swimming.
- Fishing is also a great activity to enjoy throughout the year in Jambiani.
- Season Dependant: Scuba diving off the coast of the island occurs from July to August and February to March
- Fishing: Jambiani is an ancient traditional fishing spot in Zanzibar, and you will find a variety of fish species in the water such as Sailfish, Dorado, Marlin, Tuna and Barracuda. You can join the fishermen and sail out to the deep waters for big game fishing.
- Biking tour: Indulge in a biking adventure to explore the village of Jambiani and its surrounding. This is also a great way to explore the daily life of the locals and learn more about their culture.
- Scuba Diving: You’ll find some of the finest corals in Jambiani. It’s a great diving spot with an impressive marine life such as turtles, porcupine, stingray, octopus, frogfish and sea horse.