Kendwa is located at the far north of the Island of Unguja in Zanzibar, overlooking the tiny Daloni Island and distant Tumbatu Island. The picturesque village offers turquoise blue water, boat activities and spectacular sunsets.
Book cheap flights with Tripindigo and visit Kendwa today.
Kendwa Beach is a beautiful sandy beach with crystal-clear turquoise waters and a laid-back atmosphere. It’s a great spot for a wide range of water activities such as snorkelling, diving, and kitesurfing. There are several sun loungers on the beach, where you can relax and enjoy the ocean views.
One of the exciting moments in Kendwa is the Full Moon Parties organized by Kendwa Rocks on Kendwa Beach. The party takes place on a full moon day of every month featuring great music, food and drinks, and a vibrant festival-like atmosphere. It’s also a great place to meet party people and make new friends.
Nungwi Beach is one of the most popular beaches on the island, and it’s renowned for its relaxed atmosphere and laid-back vibe. It has a vibrant party scene in the evening and offers a wide range of water activities during the day. You’ll find several beachfront restaurants and bars along the beach.
Mnemba Island is a private beach paradise located off the northeast coast of the island, and it’s a great spot for snorkelling and scuba diving. You can also indulge in swimming, beach walks, kayaking, and some other water activities.
How to get here:
- Fly: Fly to Zanzibar through Abeid Amani Karume International (ZNZ), the main airport of the Island. Julius Nyerere (DAR) airport in Dar es Salaam also has several flight connections to Zanzibar.
- Drive: You can reach Kendwa by a shuttle bus from the Zanzibar’s Stone town or straight from the airport.
Best Time to Visit
Just like any other island on the Archipelago, Zanzibar Island has tropical warm weather and year-round sunshine. Although the wettest month is April and the coldest month is July.
- High Season: June – October
- Low Season: March-May
- Best weather: September – October
- Worst weather: mid-March to late May, November
- Throughout the year: The parties don’t end in Kendwa, you can the Kendwa Rocks, where the Full Moon Parties are held every month.
- Season Dependant: Diving opportunity is between July – August, and February – March.
- Snorkelling at the local Coral Gardens
- A visit to the dhow factories
- Sailing with motorized boats
- Scuba Diving
- Beach Walks
- Sunset Dhow Cruise
For more fun in Zanzibar, we suggest you search and compare tours we have available on the Island.