Uroa is one of the popular holiday destinations in Zanzibar, an absolute must if you are seeking looking for sea, sun, and sand as well as serenity. You’ll be lounging on a white sandy beach in no time. The beautiful rural coastal village is located halfway between Chwaka and Kiwengwa in the Unguja South Region.
Book cheap flights with Tripindigo and visit Uroa today!
Uroa Bay is certainly a place to be if you really want to experience the true essence of a coastal destination! Featuring an exclusive resort hotel on the quiet shores of Zanzibar, with private access to its own stretch of beach, Uroa Bay has an unbeatably beautiful environment.
Uroa’s stunning coastline is blessed with a beautiful white sandy beach, decked with handcrafted umbrellas and beach chairs. It has become a playground for tourists looking for a place to relax during their holiday. You can take a long walk along the shores and indulge in a wide range of activities such as kite surfing, beach tennis, snorkelling, diving, and beach volleyball.
How to get here
Best Time to Visit
You can visit Uroa all through the year, but the best time of the year to visit Uroa depends on the season and weather.
- High Season: The hot and dry season (December to February)
- Low Season: The coolest month (September)
- Best weather: During the dry and cool months of spring (June to October)
- Worst weather: The wet season is the worst time to visit (March to late May). April and May – when there is too much rain in the village.
- Throughout the year: Uroa is a holiday destination with palm-fringed beaches and sun-drenching experience. You can indulge in a wide range of water activities especially fishing throughout the year.
- Season Dependant: Diving off the north coast is from June to October while tourists diving off the south coast can come between November and March. Scuba diving off the coast of Zanzibar is in July and August, February and March.
- Scuba Diving: The water world of Zanzibar is enchanting and beautiful. Thinking of where to scuba dive when you arrive Zanzibar, head straight to Uroa and have an experience of a lifetime.
- Fishing: The locals depend on fishing for their livelihood. Take a fishing trip with the villagers into the deep waters of Tanzania and catch some of the biggest fishes.
- Diving: One of the popular activities in Uroa is diving. Come here and take a deep dip in the waters.