EDL Airport Guide
Eldoret International Airport, also known as by its IATA Code EDL and ICAO Code HKEL, is an International airport located in the Uasin Gishu County in midwestern Kenya. The airport services Regional and Domestic flights. Eldoret is the fastest growing town in Kenya. It is nestled in the Rift valley and its high altitude makes it the perfect training ground for Kenya’s athletes.
Geographical Location – see map below
Eldoret International Airport is approximately 17kms South of Eldoret city centre on the Eldoret – Kisumu Highway.
- Taxi – There are taxis which will get you from the city centre to the airport 10 kilometers (15 minutes) away for Kshs 1,000- Kshs 1,500 (USD $10 – 15).
- Preferred Mode – Pre arranged transfer or Taxis are the preferred method especially if you have luggage with you.
- Shuttle Bus – The airport does not operate one.
- Alternatives – Hotel transfer service.
- Car Parking & Fees – There is no automated POS parking system and it can be assumed that short and long parking is free(or paid for in cash) at the airport.
- Auxiliary Information
Eldoret is an International Airport with the facilities one would expect.
- Flight from Hub
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is the hub servicing Eldoret and there are 2 scheduled daily flights.
Hotels & Transit Accommodation
The airport has no hotels but there are some close by and in the centre of Eldoret which include; Poa Place Resort,Hotel Baron,Hotel Winstar,The Pearl Hotel,White Castle Motel. TripIndigo offers a comprehensive review of the city and accommodations.