COVID-19 has been here for months now and it’s not going anywhere, anytime soon! Although a few countries have reported a decline in cases, new waves are hitting other countries.
It’s clear that we need to live with this virus right now. However, why should the virus interfere with your travel plans? There are a few precautions you can take to fly safely during COVID-19.
Keep reading to find out more!
Before Your Flight
You need to start taking precautions even before your flight begins so that you can have a safe and comfortable flight. Here are a few safety tips to follow before your flight:
Safety Protective Materials, Image Source: LiveScience.Com
- Get all your personal protective equipment ready! Wear a mask and keep an extra mask with you.
- Keep a lot of tissues and wipes with you. Use these to open doors and touch other public spots.
- Get a hand sanitizer and keep it with you at all times.
- Don’t carry a lot of luggage! The less luggage you have, the fewer items you’ll have to disinfect later.
- Go to the bathroom before you leave your house! Try not to drink too many fluids so that you don’t have to go to the bathroom later. Bathrooms are public spaces and can spread germs.
- Carry earphones with you so you can keep yourself entertained during the flight. Don’t borrow earphones or other equipment from the airline.
- Book a window seat for your flight. Passengers who sit on the window seat are least exposed to other people.
- Choose an airline with strict hygiene policies. A lot of airlines do not let passengers sit in the middle column. Prefer those airlines.
- Try to ensure contactless payment if you want to buy anything at the airport.
Flight Window, Image Source: Pinterest.Com
During Your Flight
During your flight, you’ll be up in the air with possibly hundreds of other people. It’s important that you take the following precautions to help prevent the transmission of germs:
- Do not touch your face at all.
- Before you sit down, wipe all the non-fabric items on/near your seat.
- Use a sanitizer after every 20 minutes.
- Don’t move around the airplane.
- Don’t eat food during the flight unless the flight is too long.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet from everyone else!
- Make sure you have your mask on at all times!
- Try to sleep during the flight so that you won’t fee; hungry/thirsty. Drinking or eating requires you to take off your mask, which isn’t recommended.
Hand Sanitizer, Image Source: Spadesoleil.Com
At the End/After Your Flight
- While leaving the airplane, ensure social distancing protocols.
- Once you’re home, disinfect the exterior of your luggage.
- Take a shower and change your clothes immediately after you get to your hotel/home.
Travel Suitcase, Image Source: SmarterTravel.Com
These are a few safety precautions that will keep you safe during your flight. You must follow them!
So, what are you waiting for? Life is too short not to travel! Go on a vacation of your lifetime and get away from all the pandemic stress. Check out these 8 relaxing retreats to take in Kenya!